Make (or Take) a S'mores Station
Two years ago, I shared some ideas for planning a lighthearted and fun fall gathering. While it isn't fall just yet, I am hosting a birthday get-together for my oldest daughter, fall is on my mind. In lieu of a birthday cake, I'm creating a "s'mores station" which was one of 5 fabulous fall gathering ideas I shared in my prior post.
To find the recipes I'm using for our party, I searched "S'mores Recipes" online and an entire page of different ways to create these yummy delicious treats popped up. It was difficult to choose which recipes to try, but I narrowed my list down to what would keep preparing for my daughter's party as simple as possible. Here are four creative combinations to try:
- Traditional S'more - Made using regular graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow.
- Reese's S'more - Made using regular graham crackers, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and marshmallow.
- Nutella and Banana S'more - Made using regular graham crackers, Nutella chocolate spread and sliced bananas.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry S'more - Made using regular graham crackers, chocolate, sliced strawberries and marshmallows.
Do those not sound delicious?!
While the days are still hot here in Virginia, the evenings are beginning to cool down making gathering outside tolerable again. To me, there is nothing I love more than joining friends around a fire. It couldn't make me happier than to see my daughter and her friends enjoying what I loved doing as a kid. If you are unable to sit outside around a fire, you can still enjoy this outdoor treat indoors. Did you know you can make s'mores in the oven? A single serving for just one or two people could also be made in a toaster oven!
As fall approaches and we are getting back into daily routines, I hope you are able to slow down and try one or all of these s'mores ideas! If you are unable to make them for yourself or for your family, a s'mores basket would be a special way to share a dessert with a friend in need along with the meal you are taking. Perhaps you could stay for the meal and make the s'mores with them. Do you see a s'mores recipe from above you want to try? Share with us if you do!
*The Chocolate Covered Strawberry S'more was the favorite at the party! No strawberry was left behind!
Read other recent blog posts:
- 5 Exciting Last Minute Gift Ideas & Offers!
- Favorite Soup Recipes Meant for Sharing
- Only a Few Days Left to Order our Engraved Spoons
- Our Engraved Spoons Make the Perfect Holiday Gift!
- Our 7 Favorite Gifts of 2023
- 10 Etiquette Guidelines For Taking a Meal
- Only a Few Days Left to Order our New Meal Carriers
- Our NEW Meal Carriers are Now Available
- Why You Should Say Yes to a Meal Offer
- My Mom's Graham Cracker Toffee