15 Fall Inspired Meals
Fall is by far my favorite time of year. I know there are a lot of you who feel the same way. There is something magical about the crisp, cool nights, unpacking of sweaters from storage, and beautiful hues of autumn reds and golds that make my heart full. What better way to welcome the start of fall than to warm up your kitchen with fall inspired meals?
The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider.
This quote from Jane Hirschfield eloquently speaks to the beauty of the change in autumn weather. In honor of all things pumpkin, apple and warm spices, here are 15 meal ideas for you to enjoy this fall. I hope you will enjoy each and every one!
- One Pan Chicken and Apples, by Jaimielyn Nye from I Heart Naptime
- Seared Sausage with Cabbage and Pink Lady Apples, by Kate Merker, Country Living
- Pork Chops with Three-Apple Slaw, by Justin Chapple from Food and Wine Magazine
- Pork Loin Stuffed with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds, by Laura Rege from Food and Wine Magazine
- Autumn Beef Stew, by Midwest Living
- Squash Soup (Soupe de Courge), by Saveur
- Pumpkin Swirled Goat Cheese Frittata, by The Bakermama
- Best Vegetarian Chili with Grains and Beans, by Kate Merker and Taylor Murray, Country Living
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce, Pinch of Yum
- Best Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Pumpkin, Marian Cooper Cairns, Country Living
- Apple Pie Cupcakes, Inspired Taste
- Pasta with Butternut Parmesan Sauce, Simply Recipes
- Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Cookie+Kate
- Classic Sweet Potato Pie, Simply Recipes
- Slow Cooker Root Vegetables with Apple Cider Glaze, by Family Style Food Gather Around the Table.
The changing of seasons is always a welcome treat. I love the fresh inspiration these subtle changes bring. For summer there is a simplification that I love, but for fall there is an embracing of the end of one season and a sense of fullness in our home that brings my attention once again to our family table. I hope you can find some special time around your table with your loved ones this fall, perhaps using a few (or all) of the recipes we've shared. Enjoy!
See the recipe for these cupcakes here!
Read other recent blog posts:
- Shedding Light on Loss Milestones
- Change Someone's Day For The Better
- Our 1st Celebrity Meal Provider of 2023
- 3 Helpful Decluttering Tips for the New Year
- What Funeral Food is Most Appreciated
- We're Here for You in 2023
- 10 Favorite Holiday Leftover Recipes
- A Warm Apple Cider Recipe
- Our December Celebrity Meal Provider is Kim Alexis!
- Our 10 Favorite Gifts of 2022