The Friendship Behind TakeThemAMeal.com
Knowing I was going through a difficult time, she called to see if she could bring us dinner. I opened the door and she was on my porch with a foil covered casserole dish and the three most beautiful pink roses I had ever seen.
Long after the meal was gone, the pink roses were a daily reminder of my precious friend and her care for me. She had not experienced my specific heartache, but she reached out to me during a very sad time.
The lifelong friend who showed her love for me with baked spaghetti and three pink roses is my friend Rachel.
Years later, when the voice on the other end of the late night call told me Rachel was in need, we rushed to help. Over the next few days, it became apparent that Rachel and her young family would need meals for an extended period of time.
Each offer to help reminded me of how well Rachel cared for others. Now it was her turn to receive and TakeThemAMeal.com was born.
Read other recent blog posts:
- Grieving the Loss of a Pet
- An Update and Encouragement
- If Receiving Meals Doesn't Come Easy
- Easy Lactation Cookie Recipe Review
- Taking Meals to Seniors
- Becky Hadeed: Our Celebrity Meal Provider for May
- 3 Ways to Help a Friend During an Unexpected Hospital Stay
- Our New Site is Live!!!
- Ways to Help with Grief this Mother's Day
- Our Engraved Spoons are Now Available!