Spiced Chai Mix
Is there anything better than a hot cup of chai tea on a chilly day? Impress your friends and save yourself pricey trips to a coffee shop by preparing this delicious homemade chai tea mix from Taste of Home.
I love having this mix on hand for guests or as a thoughtful extra when taking someone a meal. I've also given it away in mason jars decorated with a pretty bow as a Christmas gift for our neighbors, teachers, and friends. Unsweetened instant tea can be hard to find but I've had good luck at some of the big box retailers. Also, be sure to use a food processor since the ingredients need to processed into a very fine powder.
This recipe is the perfect mix of sweet and spice. Enjoy!
Spiced Chai Mix
- 3 cups non-fat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- Optional garnish: Whipped cream
In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
Prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 Tbsp. of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
Read other recent blog posts:
- Questions to Ask When Taking a Meal
- How Take Them A Meal & Perfect Potluck Can Help You This Fall
- Find out our plans for the fall
- Our Favorite One-Pan Meal Ideas to Save You Time
- Make (or Take) a S'mores Station
- Simplify Your Back-to-School Week
- The Easy (and Free!) Way to Organize Meals - Jamie's Story
- Best Ever Zucchini Dish
- Following Up After a Funeral
- Help for Taking Meals to the Immunosuppressed