Project Chemo Comfies
You're invited to join us this year for Project Chemo Comfies. Last year, my family donated over 350 fleece blankets to two cancer centers in Maryland to give out to their patients during the holidays!
The blankets are easy to make and such a cozy surprise to a friend, loved one, or stranger who is battling cancer.
Please join us by making a blanket in honor or in memory of a loved one and donating it to your local cancer center or a neighbor, friend, or acquaintance who is battling cancer.
We would love to see your completed blanket, so email us or post a photo on our Facebook page.
JOANN fabric and craft stores is an excellent store for finding affordable fleece fabric.
Here are some easy to follow fleece blanket instructions. The only adjustment is that we use 2 yards of fleece for each side instead of 1 1/3 yards.
Our goal in honor of my dad is 400 blankets this year! We hope you'll join us in honoring and warming your own friends.
Read other recent blog posts:
- Our Engraved Spoons are Now Available!
- What's the Kindest Thing Someone Has Done for You During a Hard Time?
- Our November Celebrity Meal Provider
- When Taking Meals Isn't Your Thing
- Organize Meal Help and Potlucks the Easy Way!
- On Being Neighborly
- A Pumpkin Breakfast Recipe to Take to Your Friend
- Fostering Friendship and Hospitality
- Candace Nelson!!! Our Celebrity Meal Provider for October
- Take a Charcuterie Board Featuring Honeycomb Wood Crafts