Our 9 Favorite Gifts of 2016
This is always my favorite blog post to write. I love to provide gift ideas that might be an encouragement to you or meaningful for your friends and family.
Throughout the year, I encounter many thoughtful gift ideas related to taking meals and receiving meals. Here's a list of gifts that could bring a smile to the nurturers in your life or to a friend who could use use a little extra TLC.
9. Laurel Denise Leather Bracelet ($20) - Our staff member, Maureen, introduced me to these unique bracelets. She received one as gift from her husband to encourage her as she faces an uncertain medical future with her youngest child. To Maureen, her bracelet is a reminder to focus on the good things happening "just today" instead of worrying about what's to come.
You can select from over 50 encouraging sayings or you can create a custom bracelet. Beautiful!
8. Hamilton Beach 3-Quart Stoneware Slow Cooker ($25) - The new patterns available on crock pots are adorable. This is one of my favorites!
7. Druzy earrings ($10) - These earrings are from one of my favorite local shops, but you're in luck because they sell online too. New Creation uses their profits to fight Human Trafficking, so proceeds from your purchase support their work. I'm wearing these earrings as I type and they are currently my favorite pair. You cannot tell from the photo, but they're a little smaller than a dime which gives just enough sparkle.
6. Memory Candles (prices vary) - These candles are handmade by The Isle Co., another one of my favorite local businesses. You can have flowers from weddings, memorial services, or other occasions preserved in a candle that never burns away. I have seen these memory candles in person and they are lovely. Definitely a gift that would be treasured.
5. Legacy Journal ($20) - When I said that I REALLY like this shop, I meant it. Not only does New Creation have the earrings I mentioned above, but they also have these journals with a built in front zipper pouch for your pens and other accessories. As soon as I saw them, I knew my daughter would love one. The quality of the fabrics and paper is superb!
4. Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloth ($6.95) - My sister introduced me to Swedish dishcloths earlier this year. Of course, she knew I would love the one with the asparagus! One of these amazing dishcloths absorbs 20x its weight and replaces over 17 rolls of paper towels (and the patterns are too cute!).
3. Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets - Parchment Paper (price varies) - This item might seem a little odd for this list, but if you do not have these sheets in your kitchen, you are really missing out. If you use parchment paper on a roll, you will love how this paper doesn't curl and it's the perfect size for cookie sheets. If you don't typically use parchment paper, you should give it a try. It keeps cookies from sticking and makes clean up a breeze.
2. What Grieving People Wish You Knew about What Really Helps (and What Really Hurts) ($8) - This is my favorite book of the year. Author Nancy Guthrie has experienced deep loss in her own life and she shares what she has learned as well as what others have shared with her. I know that Im a better friend after reading this book.
1. SendThemAMeal.com (prices vary) - I know how comforting it is to receive a meal during a difficult time. Just this past weekend, a friend brought over dinner to care for me as we marked the second year since saying goodbye to my dad. If distance prevents you from cooking a meal for a loved one in your own kitchen, we have come up with the next best thing. You can now send a delicious meal from our store right to a friends doorstep. Its ready-to-heat and so good. Ive enjoyed the food myself and its a perfect second choice!
I hope that you found this years list to be helpful as you look for ways to care for yourself and those around you.
Read other recent blog posts:
- Becky Hadeed: Our Celebrity Meal Provider for May
- 3 Ways to Help a Friend During an Unexpected Hospital Stay
- Our New Site is Live!!!
- Ways to Help with Grief this Mother's Day
- Our Engraved Spoons are Now Available!
- Our Engraved Spoons are Now Available!
- Five Ways To Use Leftovers
- April's Celebrity Meal Provider: Audrey at Mama Knows Gluten Free
- Bring Them A Baked Potato Bar
- Go-To Family Favorites