How-To: DIY Homemade Hot, Wintry Drinks
Slow down and savor this holiday season with these hot, wintry drinks. Cozy up with friends and family to enjoy the food, festivities and fun.
1. Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider by The Kitchn
This favorite is brimming with the flavors of apples, cranberries, oranges, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. It's easily made ahead of time for a party. Your home will smell amazing as this delicious drink simmers.
2. Homemade Hot Chocolate by Thriving Home
This recipe is super simple to make and only uses three ingredients. You won't want to go back to store-bought hot chocolate mix. This all-natural recipe uses one hundred percent cocoa powder, raw sugar and whole milk.
If you are looking for a dairy-free hot chocolate recipe we've got you covered too.
3. Homemade Chai Tea Mix by Cooking Light
Make this easy chai tea mix ahead of time and you will be prepared for guests this holiday season. You can easily adjust the spice to taste. Consider doubling the recipe so you have mix for gifts or to share with someone going through a difficult time. Add a note, cute mug and some homemade chai tea mix and you've got a thoughtful gift for a friend.
4. Christmas Coffee Drinks by Carriage House Roasters Coffee
Make your holidays even brighter with coffee, extra festive flavors and whipped cream. The yummy coffee drink recipes below are from a local roaster and friend, Natalie Sherlock. She can be found at local farmers markets, events and online. Natalie is able to ship coffee to military service members and Foreign Service Officers.
Classic Christmas Coffee - Combine and stir in large mug 1 tbsp. Classic Christmas Syrup (recipe below) and 1 tbsp. cream. Add 10 ounces of coffee and whisk together. Top with whipped cream.
Classic Christmas Syrup - Mix together 1 cup simple syrup, 1 tbsp. vanilla and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Store in refrigerator. Makes 16 servings.
White Christmas Coffee - Combine and stir in large mug 1 tbsp. White Christmas Syrup (recipe below) and 2 tbsp. coconut milk. Add 10 ounces of coffee and whisk together. Top with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
White Christmas Syrup - Mix together 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup almond syrup (Monin or other brands). Store in refrigerator. Makes 16 servings.
These easy recipes with a holiday twist are sure to impress your guests, friends and family. Stay cozy this season and enjoy!
Read other recent blog posts:
- Complete Weekly Meal Plan Using Our Recipe Section
- The Seasoned Mom is Our Celebrity Meal Provider for August
- Using Social Media to Help a Friend
- July's Celebrity Meal Provider: Maegan of The BakerMama
- Eco-Friendly Meal Container Ideas
- 5 Light and Easy Dinner Ideas for Summer
- Grieving the Loss of a Pet
- An Update and Encouragement
- If Receiving Meals Doesn't Come Easy
- Easy Lactation Cookie Recipe Review