4 Fresh & Simple Summer Pasta Recipes
Last weekend some of our family visited us as they were passing through Virginia on their way to North Carolina. We spent time together outside and the weather cooperated, making for a lovely visit.
Knowing our visit would be outside, I searched for a simple, chilled pasta salad recipe I could make in advance and easily serve to everyone for lunch.
The recipe I found was a hit with my family and our guests. Many thanks to Marissa Allen for her Simple Pasta Salad with Bacon recipe. I mixed all of the ingredients together with the dressing and topped each salad with avocado slices.
Pasta salads are great summer meals since they are made in advance, you can use fresh garden produce you have on hand, and they are easy to transport, making them an ideal choice for a friend who may be in need of a meal.
Here are three other summer pasta recipes that I love:
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad - from Spend with Pennies
- Sesame Chicken Pasta - from Naptime Kitchen
- Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Parmesan - from Budget Bytes
The Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Parmesan is typically served warm instead of chilled, but it's quick to prepare and uses a lot of fresh spinach. All of these pasta recipes also work well with gluten-free pasta.
Do you have a favorite summer pasta recipe you'd like to share?
Photo credit: nature_photography_by_em
Read other recent blog posts:
- 15 Fall Inspired Meals
- Delight a Friend with Queen Elizabeth's Favorite Tea Treat
- Celiac Disease Awareness Day - Bringing a Gluten-Free Meal
- How Our New Site Will Help You this Fall!
- On-the-Go Meal Ideas Plus Meal Storage Options
- Small Thoughtful Gifts for a Friend
- 5 Favorite Cookbooks to Try This Fall
- Complete Weekly Meal Plan Using Our Recipe Section
- The Seasoned Mom is Our Celebrity Meal Provider for August
- Using Social Media to Help a Friend