Chili Recipes for Chilly Winter Days
This week, we got a lot of snow (at least according to Virginia's definition of a lot of snow). As I watched my children sled down the huge hill at our local elementary school, I couldn't help but think about how wet, cold, and ravenous they were going to be when we got home. Thankfully, when I saw the forecast I had planned for this, and had all the makings of a big batch of chili. It was the perfect hot meal on a cold day.
Chili is an excellent meal to make for your own family and to take to others because:
- Recipes tend to make a ton. Most of my favorite chili recipes make enough for my family and enough to share.
- Tomato based recipes tend to freeze and reheat well. If you happen to make a large amount that your family can't finish, freeze some in gallon freezer bags and keep it on hand in case you hear of a sudden need.
- Chili is so customizable; you can find or change most recipes to fit most any dietary requests or requirement.
- Unlike soup, chili is easy to transport. We recommend these containers to allow for lots of extra room.
- You can send along a variety of toppings - cheese, sour cream or greek yogurt, green onion, sliced avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, tortilla chips, or Fritos. Don't forget to send along cornbread muffins and/or a simple green salad as a side.
Here are 5 of my favorite chili recipes, perfect for chilly winter days!
If cooking is not your thing, or you're short on time, our webstore offers a delicious chili meal, shipped frozen and delivered right to your/your loved ones door. You can order here.
Stay warm, friends!
Read other recent blog posts:
- Complete Weekly Meal Plan Using Our Recipe Section
- The Seasoned Mom is Our Celebrity Meal Provider for August
- Using Social Media to Help a Friend
- July's Celebrity Meal Provider: Maegan of The BakerMama
- Eco-Friendly Meal Container Ideas
- 5 Light and Easy Dinner Ideas for Summer
- Grieving the Loss of a Pet
- An Update and Encouragement
- If Receiving Meals Doesn't Come Easy
- Easy Lactation Cookie Recipe Review