15 Dump-and-Bake Dinners for Busy Weeknights
I'm a mom to 3 young boys, so I'm very familiar with the challenges of juggling work, family commitments, and household chores - all while trying to get dinner on the table each night.
It can be tough to find delicious recipes that don't require much prep time, that don't require many unusual ingredients, and that my picky kids will actually eat!
That's why I've mastered the dump-and-bake method of cooking, which simply means that you stir together your ingredients in a pan (or bowl) and pop them in the oven - no additional work necessary!
I offer many, many different types of dump-and-bake recipes on my website, but today I have handpicked 15 of our favorites to share with all of you. From chicken to beef, pork to seafood, and even a vegetarian option, there's something here for everyone!
Side note: I originally set out to write a list of my top 10 dump-and-bake recipes, but I just have too many on my site and I couldn't possibly narrow it down. That's like picking a favorite child! So 15 it is...
Each of these options will come together in about 10 minutes, making them perfect for those crazy evenings when you rush in the door after work and you've got a gaggle of hungry kiddos at your feet. Just dump the ingredients in a dish, pop it in the oven, and then grab a glass of wine, help your children with homework, or change into a cozy bathrobe. You certainly won't spend hours slaving over a hot stove!
I hope that you'll add one or two of these tasty options to your next meal plan, or package one up and share it with a friend in need. Simple weeknight dinners never tasted so good (just click on the title to go straight to the recipe)!
1. Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan: Just as cheesy and kid-friendly as the original, this Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan is an easy dinner with no prep work necessary! Skip the breading, the frying, and the slicing - just place all of the ingredients in one dish and let the oven do the work. It's a fast weeknight meal that the entire family can agree on!
2. Dump-and-Bake Chicken and Dumplings: This classic Southern comfort food gets an easier, quick-prep makeover! Dump-and-Bake Chicken and Dumplings is a cozy one-pot meal that comes together in minutes for a simple and wholesome weeknight dinner.
3. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Mac and Cheese: It's the best of all worlds! Chicken plus mac and cheese - together in one dish - with absolutely ZERO prep work! Just stir together the raw ingredients and let the oven do the rest. This creamy, dreamy Dump-and-Bake Chicken Mac and Cheese Casserole is a one-dish meal that your family will devour.
4. Dump-and-Bake Country Comfort Casserole: Loaded with hash brown potatoes, cheese, and sausage, this Dump-and-Bake Country Comfort Casserole is a hearty one dish meal that doesn't require any prep work.
5. Dump-and-Bake Creamy Shrimp Pasta: You don't even have to boil the pasta for this simple one dish meal! With just 10 minutes of prep, it's seriously the world's easiest seafood supper.
6. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole: With just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep, this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is an easy dinner that cooks in one dish! There's no need to pre-cook the rice, pre-cook the chicken, or pre-cook the veggies, making the cozy, family-friendly meal a simple option for busy nights.
7. Dump-and-Bake Boneless Pork Chops: These Dump-and-Bake Boneless Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing are full of flavor, require just a few minutes of prep, and stay moist and tender thanks to a couple of special tricks. This meal is a total weeknight game-changer!
8. Dump-and-Bake Beef Stroganoff Casserole: This Dump-and-Bake Beef Stroganoff Casserole is a simplified, shortcut version of the classic favorite - and you don't even have to boil the pasta! Thanks to a few special tricks, this one dish dinner comes together in about 10 minutes, and it tastes even better than the original!
9. Dump-and-Bake Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Casserole: There's no prep work necessary for this 10-minute Dump-and-Bake Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Casserole! It's a shortcut twist on my Polish grandmother's famous recipe, and it's sure to become a tradition in your house as well.
10. Dump-and-Bake Maple Balsamic Chicken: Hold the phone and don't dial for carryout pizza - this Maple Balsamic Chicken comes to the rescue! You can whip up the sweet-and-savory sauce in about 5 minutes, with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
11. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta: A 10-minute total crowd-pleaser, this Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole is an easy, cheesy, comfort food dinner for your busiest weeknights - and you don't even have to boil the pasta!
12. Dump-and-Bake Meatball Casserole: With only 5 simple ingredients, family-friendly weeknight dinners don't get much better than this!
13. Dump-and-Bake Summer Pasta: I think that I managed to pack all of the season's best fresh veggies and herbs into one cheesy casserole! This Dump-and-Bake Summer Pasta with Corn, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Chicken is a quick, light, and easy dinner that your family will love.
14. Dump-and-Bake 3-Cheese Baked Ziti: Just stir all of the uncooked ingredients together in the dish, cover it with foil, and pop it in the oven. Weeknight dinners just got a whole lot easier!
15. Dump-and-Bake Taco Casserole: With just 10 minutes of prep, you can serve a complete healthy meal that cooks in one dish - Salsa Rice with Cheesy Turkey Meatballs and all of the toppings.
So there you have it! I hope that you find some new, easy weeknight dinner inspiration! Please stop by my blog, say hello, and check out all of the other dump-and-bake recipes that I share each week. See you there!
Read other recent blog posts:
- Delight a Friend with Queen Elizabeth's Favorite Tea Treat
- Celiac Disease Awareness Day - Bringing a Gluten-Free Meal
- How Our New Site Will Help You this Fall!
- On-the-Go Meal Ideas Plus Meal Storage Options
- Small Thoughtful Gifts for a Friend
- 5 Favorite Cookbooks to Try This Fall
- Complete Weekly Meal Plan Using Our Recipe Section
- The Seasoned Mom is Our Celebrity Meal Provider for August
- Using Social Media to Help a Friend
- July's Celebrity Meal Provider: Maegan of The BakerMama