10 Favorite Holiday Leftover Recipes
I love the bounty a holiday table provides. After a large meal of a succulent roast, potatoes (mashed and sweet) and green bean casserole, these dishes are later relegated to the fridge for the coming days.
If you're like me, you'll enjoy not being required to cook for the next night or two, but how do you use the leftovers in a way that satisfies everyone's appetites without them tasting like leftovers? To help you get through the delicious side dishes stocked in your fridge, here are 10 of my favorite ways to use holiday leftovers.
- Leftover Turkey Quesadillas - A happy memory I have from my childhood are these turkey quesadillas mom always made for us with leftover turkey meat.
- Turkey Hash - Do you have leftover ham? You can create a delicious hash with your meat of choice. I love reheated sauteed ham with eggs and toast. No recipe required.
- Leftover Turkey Sandwiches - This is another option to use with leftover turkey or ham. Take your meat of choice and make a delicious sandwich for lunch.
- Slow Cooker Pea Soup with Leftover Ham- If we have any leftover ham, I love to utilize the ham hock to make split pea soup. It is healthy, filling and surprisingly delicious. An added bonus would be using leftover bread toasted with butter and parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Stuffing Muffins - I've never tried this idea, but I think it is a creative way to use up leftover stuffing!
- Leftover Sweet Potato Waffles - My grandma used to make us carrot waffles and this recipe is similar, but uses sweet potatoes! These waffles sound scrumptious!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pigs in a Blanket - Ever wonder what to do with the leftover pie crust from making all those holiday pies? This idea is a perfect way to make sure they don't go to waste! I'm confident this would be a fun kid - friendly idea too.
- Mashed Potato Latkes - My mother-in-law first introduced me to mashed potato latkes with leftovers for breakfast the following day. I have continued to make them ever since.
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Coffee Cake- Sometimes, leftover cranberries can be difficult to figure out how to use, but not with this yummy coffee cake idea! Who's excited for cranberry sauce now?
- Leftover Turkey Chili - This is a staple recipe I know a lot of my friends make to use up leftover turkey. You could even make a large batch and freeze the rest for later or take it to a friend in need. Here are some tips to freeze chili successfully.
All of these recipes are wonderful ways to use leftovers from your holiday meal! They would also be excellent to share with someone who may not have been able to attend a festive gathering. I'm looking forward to trying these creative recipes and I hope you will too!
Read other recent blog posts:
- Change Someone's Day For The Better
- Our 1st Celebrity Meal Provider of 2023
- 3 Helpful Decluttering Tips for the New Year
- We're Here for You in 2023
- 10 Favorite Holiday Leftover Recipes
- A Warm Apple Cider Recipe
- Our December Celebrity Meal Provider is Kim Alexis!
- Our 10 Favorite Gifts of 2022
- Only a Few Days Left to Order our Engraved Spoons
- Our Engraved Spoons are Now Available!