Submitted by Alexis
- 1 pound broccoli raab (1 large head chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 anchovies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 pound orecchiette (another small shaped pasta will work)
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
In a large deep sauté pan heat olive oil throw in minced garlic. After 1 minute, stir in anchovies, crush anchovies with back of fork and stir to dissolve (do this the whole time).
After two minutes add chili flakes, reduce heat, stir for a minute or two and shut off completely. (Adina's note: You can reduce the amount of chili flakes to make the dish milder)
Follow the directions for cooking orrechiette.
Roughly chop broccoli raab into 1 inch pieces (I leave the broccoli together to make it easier to chop up quickly).
Add broccoli raab to the pasta water HALF WAY THROUGH THE COOKING TIME.
Drain pasta and broccoli raab. Add them to the sauté pan and add the cheese, stirring thoroughly. (If it is easier you can put pasta back in the large pot and dump the oil/anchovy mixture into the large pot and stir.